Thursday 14 January 2016

The Lincoln Baron's......

Good evening everyone.

I hope you are all well.

So it's arrived.....the sleet and snow that is and Boy!!! is it cold....

Today I have been having a look through my photos and realised that I have lots of pictures that I took last summer while doing the Lincoln Baron's Charter Trail. I thought I had blogged about them but on looking back I don't think I did....to be honest I hardly blogged at all last year due to one thing and another.

The trail was to celebrate 800 years of the Magna Carta....

Looking at these photos really cheered me up as the Baron's were all beautifully decorated and I remember that it was a lovely warm summers day when we did the trail.....seems so long ago now.

All the Baron's had a letter hidden in their decor and you had to collect them and find the hidden phrase.....the prize was bags of gold coins....chocolate that is....we didn't find all the letters but had fun looking....

Here are some of the Baron's....



And yes I do know that strange man in the photo.....




Look....he's there again!!!!




There's a strange woman now!!!








I think there were 25 Baron's in all....dotted around the city....

And I think my favourite one has to be The Red Arrows Baron....I love watching them practise over Lincoln and the local area. I am often treated to a display while driving Brogan to and from the university....

I noticed last time I was in Lincoln a lot of the shops had their own tiny decorated Baron's displayed in their windows....another trail maybe....

While browsing through these photographs I thought they would look good on a scrapbook layout....now I haven't made one of those in a while....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your evening. 





3 comments:

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Debbie
I did a couple of posts about the Barons too and about the auction where their sale made £167,000 (I think it was)for charity. They really brightened Lincoln up last summer.
You can buy the mini ceramic barons which can be painted with acrylic paint and lots of the shops have their own - I'm quite fond of HMV'S Freddie Mercury version.
We have got a couple of Barons here, just waiting to be painted...
Best wishes
Ellie

Amy at love made my home said...

Although I didn't see the Barons, I have seen a couple of posts about them and they are wonderful aren't they. It was great to see your photos as I definitely saw some that I hadn't seen before - John Lennon Baron! xx

Jo Cook said...

We have a mini baron in our window Debbie and I painted one that is in Annushka, Russian Dolls shop window. There are some great ones. I spotted Steampunk Baron today. He is above Gregg's in the Bailgate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...