Sunday 7 February 2016

Friday Night With Friends - Knitting and Stitching.

Good evening everyone.

I hope you are all well.

On Friday evening I decided to join in with like minded crafters from around the world who join together (virtually) that is.....on the first Friday of the month to do a spot of knitting, sewing, crocheting etc....


As I am learning to knit I decided to take out a subscription to a new knitting magazine.....where each week you are able to knit a square....learning different techniques and patterns and at the end of which you can stitch all your sample squares together to make a blanket....now I know this is an expensive way to do this (apparently there are 90 issues) but I love the colour palette and I'm enjoying myself.....plus as I'm only supposed to be doing small crafting projects.....these little squares are perfect....

Up to now there have been five issues and I am up to date......

On Friday I completed these two squares....

 
I also managed a few more stitches in my Beaded Santa ornament....


I'm pleased I made the time to join in this month and also managed to get something done....I will definitely be taking part again next month.....the dates already in my diary.

Now I can spend a bit of time having a look at what everyone else was doing.


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.



7 comments:

catherine said...

Hi Debbie and hope your feeling well. I like the idea of this group you have joined so have decided to join as well!! I will be knitting squares and toys for charity so will be joining you with the knitting needles!!!! I knit squares on my train journeys to Leeds and back(30 stitches/30 rows there and the same back= 2 squares knitted) I 'm glad you are enjoying learning and yours are looking great.
x catherine

Tracy said...

Lovely squares Debbie. You'll be an expert knitter by the end of your 90 squares.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Debbie it looks like you accomplished a lot! Your knitting squares turned out beautifully and I love the Santa.

Brigitte said...

It's great to see that you are feeling better and that you are comfortable with your crafting again. Nice that you started knitting and I'm sure knitting all these squares in different techniques is very exciting.

Rachel Flowers said...

I bought the first two issues, only for the wool! Your squares are lovely and neat. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result X

Amy at love made my home said...

Enjoy your crafting! xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Hi Debbie! That magazine knit-along sounds like such a good idea. I learned how to knit a couple of years ago but I still consider myself a beginner. Can't wait to see the blanket end result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...